Billy Bob Thornton Redneck Comedy 'Baytown Disco' Adds Three New Stars (Exclusive)
Daniel Cudmore, Travis Fimmel and Andre Braugher join the cast of the Lleju Productions project.
Daniel Cudmore, Travis Fimmel and Andre Braugher have joined the cast of Lleju Productions' Southern comedy The Baytown Disco, headlining Billy Bob Thornton and Eva Longoria.
Director Barry Battles is set to begin shooting the film May 2 in Louisiana. Battles and Griffin Hood co-wrote the script, which made the 2009 Black List of top unproduced projects.
Baytown Disco also stars Serinda Swan, Clayne Crawford, Thomas Sangster and Meagan Good.
The comedy follows the foibles of three redneck brothers who get more than they bargained for when agreeing to help a woman get her son back from his seemingly abusive father. Fimmel, Cudmore and Crawford will play the Oodie brothers.
William O. Perkins, who optioned the script and controls rights to the project through his Lleju banner, is financing and producing. State Street Pictures’ Robert Teitel also is producing.
Lleju’s theatrical slate includes the Paz Vega starrer Cat Run, which opened April 1, and The Chameleon, which is set to hit theaters June 10 and stars Ellen Barkin and Famke Janssen.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR