Billy Bob Thornton Redneck Comedy 'Baytown Disco' Adds Three New Stars (Exclusive)
Daniel Cudmore, Travis Fimmel and Andre Braugher join the cast of the Lleju Productions project.
Daniel Cudmore, Travis Fimmel and Andre Braugher have joined the cast of Lleju Productions' Southern comedy The Baytown Disco, headlining Billy Bob Thornton and Eva Longoria.
Director Barry Battles is set to begin shooting the film May 2 in Louisiana. Battles and Griffin Hood co-wrote the script, which made the 2009 Black List of top unproduced projects.
Baytown Disco also stars Serinda Swan, Clayne Crawford, Thomas Sangster and Meagan Good.
The comedy follows the foibles of three redneck brothers who get more than they bargained for when agreeing to help a woman get her son back from his seemingly abusive father. Fimmel, Cudmore and Crawford will play the Oodie brothers.
William O. Perkins, who optioned the script and controls rights to the project through his Lleju banner, is financing and producing. State Street Pictures’ Robert Teitel also is producing.
Lleju’s theatrical slate includes the Paz Vega starrer Cat Run, which opened April 1, and The Chameleon, which is set to hit theaters June 10 and stars Ellen Barkin and Famke Janssen.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services