Billy Ray Cyrus' Wife Files for Divorce
Tish Cyrus, who has been married to the country star for 19 years, is seeking full custody of their 13-year-old son.
Tish Cyrus, the wife of country icon Billy Ray Cyrus, has filed for divorce.
Documents obtained by TMZ show she cites "irreconcilable differences" in her court filing.
The couple have been married for 19 years. They have five children together, including Miley Cyrus, and their youngest, 13-year-old Noah Cyrus, who is the only child still a minor.
Tish Cyrus has requested full legal and physical custody of Noah, with visitation for Billy Ray Cyrus. In addition, she has asked for spousal support and legal fees.
The filing comes two years after Billy Ray Cyrus stopped divorce proceedings he had initiated in 2010.
Though it may be unrelated, Miley Cyrus tweeted at her father Thursday, June 13:
@billyraycyrus since your text and email obviously aren't working would you like to talk like this?
— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) June 13, 2013
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Billy Ray Cyrus’ camp for comment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!