Biopic 'Diana' Starring Naomi Watts Set for November Release
The film, directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, chronicles the final two years of the princess' life.
Biopic Diana, starring Naomi Watts, will have a limited nationwide release Nov. 1, Entertainment One announced Monday.
The release date puts the film about the last two years of the princess' life in awards contention. The film will have an expanded release in subsequent weeks.
Starring Watts as the Princess of Wales, the film follows her life through the years 1995 to 1997, and explores Diana’s secret love affair with Pakistani heart surgeon Hasnat Khan (Naveen Andrews).
Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel from a screenplay by playwright Stephen Jeffreys, the film is inspired by the book Diana: Her Last Love by Kate Snell.
Robert Bernstein and Douglas Rae produced the film via their Ecosse Films banner. Tim Haslam, Mark Woolley and Xavier Marchand executive produced. Entertainment One acquired the U.S. distribution rights to the film in Cannes in May.
The Nov. 1 release date has three wide releases: sci-fi pic Ender's Game, animated pic Free Birds and comedy Last Vegas.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game