Oscilloscope Laboratories to Distribute the Doc 'These Birds Walk'
The film, which screened as a work-in-progress at last year’s True/False Film Festival, will return to the fest for its world premiere, followed by screenings at South by Southwest.
Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired Omar Mullick and Bassam Tariq’s documentary These Birds Walk.
The film, which screened as a work-in-progress at last year’s edition of the True/False Film Festival, will return to the Columbia, Missouri, festival for its world premiere, followed by screenings at South by Southwest.
Oscilloscope is planning a theatrical release later in the year.
These Birds Walk documents a runaway boy in Karachi, Pakistan, as his life hangs on one critical question: Where is home -- the streets, an orphanage or with the family he fled in the first place? The film captures the struggles of wayward street children and the Samaritans looking out for them.
“From the moment we saw footage of this film, we knew it was something we had to be a part of," Oscilloscope's Dan Berger and David Laub said in a statement. "Omar and Bassam have taken us into a world we have never seen before and have not only given us these incredibly compelling and emotionally rich stories but have done so with beautiful, sophisticated craftsmanship."
Added the directors: “Dan and David supported our film on the basis of a very early rough cut. This was something we could not have dreamt up as we chased runaways and dodged corruption in Pakistan to make a film."
The film was produced by Mullick, Tariq, Valentina Canavesio and Sonejuhi Sinha and executive produced by Berger and Laub.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack