BitTorrent Partners With Cinedigm to Promote 'Arthur Newman'
The company, famous for technology popular among Internet pirates, teams with the film distributor in a bid for legitimacy.
In a partnership that is sure to make many in Hollywood uneasy, BitTorrent Inc. -- the company behind the digital file-sharing technology that has been put to illegal use by Internet pirates -- is pairing with Cinedigm to promote Arthur Newman, an upcoming romantic comedy starring Colin Firth and Emily Blunt.
"Utilizing the BitTorrent suite of software products," reads an upbeat press release, "Cinedigm will invite fans to view – exclusively -- the first seven minutes of the film prior to its theatrical release. Additional materials will include stills from the film, the official one sheet and the film trailer."
The arrangement is a calculated one for the San Francisco-based technology company, a fact that it openly acknowledges.
“This is a visionary move by Cinedigm and represents a significant shift in how the media industry perceives BitTorrent,” says Shahi Ghanem, Chief Strategy Officer of BitTorrent, Inc. “Cinedigm is leading a renaissance in indie content distribution and BitTorrent is a great fit as a technology partner.
Arthur Newman opens on April 26.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!