Bjork Reveals She Had Vocal Cord Surgery
Like Adele, the icelandic singer underwent a laser procedure earlier this year.
Bjork has revealed that she underwent vocal cord surgery earlier this year.
Writing on her website, the Icelandic eccentric explained that doctors discovered a polyp on her vocal cord four years ago and, like fellow chanteuse Adele, she had the nodule removed via laser in what’s become a groundbreaking procedure for rock and pop stars -- Steven Tyler and Roger Daltrey among them.
The 47-year-old singer had canceled a smattering of tour dates earlier in the year.
Read Bjork’s post in its entirety below:
few years ago doctors found a vocal polyp on me chords ... i decided to go the natural way and for 4 years did stretches and tackled it with different foods and what not . then they discovered better technology and i got tempted into hi tech lazer stuff and i have to say , in my case anyway : surgery rocks ! i stayed quiet for 3 weeks and then started singing and definitely feel like my chords are as good as pre nodule ! it´s been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again . im sorry i had to cancel stuff earlier in the year , didnt want to talk about this until i knew for sure if it would work . so looking forward to singing for you in 2013 all the warmth ,björk.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR