Black Eyed Peas to Take Stage for Final Bow Before Hiatus
The band insists that they are not breaking up, but taking time apart to focus on personal and side projects.
Following a Wednesday, Nov. 23 performance in Miami, the Black Eyed Peas will embark on an indefinite hiatus.
The group is quick to state that their time apart is merely a “break,” and not a “break-up,” as Fergie, will.i.am, Apl.de.ap and Taboo also will appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show the same day to discuss their plans.
“We always have two cycles of records and then we take a break,” will.i.am explains. “And then two cycles of records and then a break. When we take breaks you know, we work on side projects and get our personal stuff in order then come back and make beautiful music. We think beautiful music.”
The musician and record producer is currently working on his fourth solo album, titled #willpower, due out in 2012. will.i.am. revealed the album’s lead single, “T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)” during the American Music Awards on Sunday, Nov. 20. Fergie, meanwhile, plans to start a family with husband Josh Duhamel.
“Definitely,” she says regarding a potential pregnancy. “I’m on baby bump watch. It’s really fun. It’s when the paparazzi go right into your stomach.”
“But yeah, that’s one of the things that we want to do,” she continued. “I’ve just been touring since 2003 and like anything things get monotonous and your doing the same thing every night. I’d like to go days without wearing make-up and watching my football games. Doing my footwear collection and my fragrances...Just going where the day takes me.”
Apl.de.ap will use the time apart to focus on his duties as ambassador for education in the Philippines, Reuters reports.
Taboo, who released an autobiography in February, will likely spend time with his family. The rapper and wife Jaymie Dizon welcomed their second child, Journey, in April, joining two-year-old Jimmy and 18-year-old Joshua, his son from a previous marriage.
The group’s final show -- for now -- will feature Marc Anthony, Cee Lo Green, Flo Rida, Sean Kingston and Jason Derulo. The group is currenlty promoting their dance video game, The Black Eyed Peas Experience.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)