Black Eyed Peas Pull Out of Michael Jackson Tribute Concert
The group cites “unavoidable circumstances” as the reason for dropping from the event in Wales.
The Black Eyed Peas are pulling out of this week's planned Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales, citing "unavoidable circumstances."
The group was set to join a lineup that includes Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis and Cee Lo Green at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.
Event organizer Global Live Events head Chris Hunt told the Associated Press the Michael Forever concert would be a "fantastic evening" despite the absence of the Black Eyed Peas.
Previously, the event organizers, who aren't affiliated with the Jackson estate, had rescinded an offer to the band Kiss to perform over frontman Gene Simmons' criticism of Jackson in the past.
Peas member will.i.am had been working with Jackson on an album of dance music before the singer's death in 2009.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera