Black Eyed Peas are No. 1 on Hot 100
"Boom Boom Pow" downloaded 465,000 times
NEW YORK -- The Black Eyed Peas set the mark for best single-week and debut download totals by a group as "Boom Boom Pow" shifts 465,000 in its first week of release.
The title easily tops Hot Digital Songs and is set to become the act's first Billboard Hot 100 No. 1, with a hefty 39-1 leap, when the chart is released Thursday morning. The act's prior best showing on the Hot 100 was a No. 3 peak for both "Don't Phunk With My Heart" and "My Humps" in 2005.
Coldplay had set the weekly digital sales record for a group when "Viva La Vida" moved 253,000 the week of June 21, 2008. Maroon 5 held the mark for most downloads in a debut week when "Makes Me Wonder" opened with 244,000 on May 12, 2007. The overall record for both categories was established by Flo Rida in February when "Right Round" debuted with 636,000 downloads.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR