Black Keys' Dan Auerbach in Messy Divorce
The musician's wife has allegedly attempted suicide twice and admitted herself into a treatment center.
While his Nashville neighbor and sworn enemy Jack White battles it out with his ex-wife over custody of their kids, Black Keys frontman Dan Auerbach is reportedly in an even messier situation with his own divorce, from estranged wife Stephanie Gonis.
According to documents obtained by TMZ, Auerbach claims Gonis tried to commit suicide twice in one day, first by slashing open her leg in front of their daughter, and later starting a fire that could have potentially destroyed their house.
It's unclear when these alleged events occurred. The Grammy-winning guitarist/singer/producer announced his divorce in February.
In her own filing, Gonis appears to acknowledge the cutting suicide attempt but says it was the result of years of abuse by Auerbach. The fire, she asserts, was an accident. Since then, Gonis has admitted herself into a treatment center.
Auerbach retains custody of their daughter, Sadie Little, who was born in 2008, with Gonis granted supervised visits.
Meanwhile, The Nashville City Paper has obtained court documents and e-mails in the custody battle between Jack White and Karen Elson alleging that the White Stripes artist removed his children from a Nashville school because he didn't want them attending with Auerbach's daughter. White has long accused Auerbach of mimicking his sound and band-naming aesthetic.
Elson has obtained a restraining order against White, claiming he has targeted her with angry e-mails regarding the schooling of their children, Scarlett and Henry Lee. In an e-mail submitted by Elson, White lays out why he wanted to switch schools.
"My concern with Auerbach is because I don't want the kids involved in any of that crap. That's a possible 12 f--king years I'm going to have to be sitting in kids chairs next to that ass---- with other people trying to lump us in together. He gets yet another free reign to follow me around and copy me and push himself into my world."
Since the documents were published, White has denied threatening Elson and says his wife went back on a verbal agreement to settle the divorce without mediation.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws