'Black Nativity' Trailer: Jennifer Hudson Sings in Holiday Musical Drama (Video)
The movie, which hits theaters Nov. 27, also stars Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Tyrese Gibson, Jacob Latimore, Mary J. Blige and Nasir Jones.
Jennifer Hudson sings in the new trailer for Fox Searchlight's holiday musical drama Black Nativity.
The film, a contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes' play, also stars Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Tyrese Gibson, Jacob Latimore, Mary J. Blige and Nasir Jones.
According to the official logline, Black Nativity follows Langston (Latimore), a streetwise teen from Baltimore raised by a single mother, as he journeys to New York to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives, Reverend Cornell and Aretha Cobbs (Whitaker and Bassett).
Unwilling to live by the imposing reverend's rules, a frustrated Langston is determined to return home to his mother, Naima (Hudson). Langston embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and, along with new friends and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing and family.
In the trailer, Hudson sings a revamped version of "Silent Night."
The movie hits theaters Nov. 27.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR