Blacks and the Movies
A new study reveals surprising habits of an underserved audience.
It shouldn't surprise Hollywood that Sony/Tri-Star's Jumping the Broom, the first African-American-themed film to open during the summer, is generating solid box office, grossing $25.8 million through its first 10 days. A new study commissioned by BET Networks reveals the increasing power of black audiences at the multiplex.
Chart Data: BET Networks' REEL Fact: Movie Goer Consumption Study
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR