Blacks and the Movies
A new study reveals surprising habits of an underserved audience.
It shouldn't surprise Hollywood that Sony/Tri-Star's Jumping the Broom, the first African-American-themed film to open during the summer, is generating solid box office, grossing $25.8 million through its first 10 days. A new study commissioned by BET Networks reveals the increasing power of black audiences at the multiplex.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR