Blacks and the Movies
A new study reveals surprising habits of an underserved audience.
It shouldn't surprise Hollywood that Sony/Tri-Star's Jumping the Broom, the first African-American-themed film to open during the summer, is generating solid box office, grossing $25.8 million through its first 10 days. A new study commissioned by BET Networks reveals the increasing power of black audiences at the multiplex.
Chart Data: BET Networks' REEL Fact: Movie Goer Consumption Study
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR