Blair Underwood joins NBC pilot 'The Event'
Jason Ritter co-stars in Nick Wauters' dramatic thriller
Blair Underwood will play the U.S. President on NBC's drama pilot "The Event."
"The Event" is a thriller chronicled from multiple points of view that centers on Sean (Jason Ritter), a regular man fighting his way through the mysterious circumstances of a conspiracy to assassinate the U.S. president (Underwood).
The recently-elected President, originally envisioned as "a poised Hispanic JFK," is described as smart, honest, confident and doing a good job at hiding his relative inexperience. He is a family man and a man of faith who truly wants to do good.
"The Event" was first conceived by writer Nick Wauters a few years ago, before Barack Obama's 2008 election as the U.S.' first black president.
Underwood, who is about the same age as Obama, was a supporter of the former Illinois Senator in his presidential campaign and spoke at several Obama rallies.
This is the second black president on a major U.S. TV series following Dennis Haysbert's turn on the first season of Fox's "24."
Underwood, repped by ICM and Thruline, most recently co-starred on ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money" and has recurred on CBS' "The New Adventures of Old Christine."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR