Blake Lively: 5 Things to Know About The 'Green Lantern' Star
The actress stars alongside Ryan Reynolds in the new super hero flick opening June 17.
Gossip Girl star Blake Lively is stepping off the streets of New York City, and into an (itty-bitty) costume to play Star Sapphire in Martin Campbell's upcoming Green Lantern (in theaters June 17).
Here are five things you should know about the actress, who shares the screen with Ryan Reynolds and Peter Sarsgaard in the Warner Bros film.
1. She comes from a showbiz family. Lively grew up in Tarzana, CA and is the daughter of actor-director (and acting coach) Ernie Lively and talent manager Elaine Lively. The actress' siblings Eric, Lori, Jason and Robyn have also appeared onscreen.
2. Her first big role was in 2005's Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. At the time of the film Lively, who played sporty Bridget in the film, was the least well-known of her co-stars America Ferrara, Amber Tamblyn and Alexis Bledel.
3. Lively doesn't use a stylist. "I think I became my own stylist by not knowing any better," she has said of dressing herself for red carpet events. "And once I was told it was time to get one, I thought: This is one of my favorite hobbies! And I'm going to pay someone to steal my hobby from me? That's a terrible idea!"
4. The actress loves to cook. The domestic actress baked a pumpkin-chocolate marble cake with Martha Stewart, and recently hosted a cake pop baking party. "I take a cooking class everywhere I travel," she has revealed. "I find it's the best way to get to know a culture. It's what people bring to the family every day, what they break bread over–it's a very intimate thing."
5. She's not into comics. "I actually knew nothing about Green Lantern, and I imagined that nobody else in the world knew anything about Green Lantern," she told the Wall Street Journal. "As soon as I got the role I was quickly humbled about how naïve I was, because people just came out of the woodwork!"
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David