Blake Lively going to 'Town' for WB, Legendary
'Gossip Girl' star joins Ben Affleck-directed crime thriller
"Gossip Girl" star Blake Lively has joined the strong ensemble cast that Ben Affleck is assembling for his crime thriller "The Town," which he is directing for Warner Bros. and Legendary.
Chris Cooper is in negotiations to also board the movie, which is being produced by Graham King and Basil Iwanyk.
Affleck, Jon Hamm, Rebecca Hall and Jeremy Renner already are cast in "Town," an adaptation of Chuck Hogan's novel "Prince of Thieves."
The story follows a bank manager (Hall), the career criminal (Affleck) who stole more than her heart and the dedicated FBI agent (Hamm) trying to bust the crook and his gang, of which Renner is a part.
Lively is playing Renner's sister and Affleck's troubled ex-girlfriend. Cooper would play Affleck's father. Shooting begins next month in Boston.
Lively, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, returns as Serena van der Woodsen on the CW's "Gossip," which has its season premiere Sept. 14. She also will be seen on the big screen in "New York, I Love You."
Paradigm-repped Cooper also appears in "New York" and has "The Company Men" in the can.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR