Blake Shelton on Country Music Awards: If I'm Not Fired, I Haven't Done My Job
"My advice to CBS was a three-second delay, 'cause you never know what's going to come out of his mouth," fiancee Miranda Lambert said.
When country singer Blake Shelton takes the stage Sunday to co-host the Academy of Country Music Awards with Reba McEntire, it may be smart to keep a close eye on him.
Miranda Lambert, Shelton's fiancee, told the Associated Press, "He's so quick and good at ad-libbing -- probably too good at ad-libbing. My advice to CBS was a three-second delay, 'cause you never know what's going to come out of his mouth."
Shelton, who is also a musician coach on NBC's upcoming series The Voice, said that he was going to try to stick to the script -- but, he couldn't make any promises. He has a few words in mind that could make it past the censors.
"If I don't get fired, then I haven't done my job," he joked.
He also mentioned that McEntire, a close friend, doesn't find his antics humorous.
"If you can never imagine what Reba would look like if she threw up in her mouth a little bit, the look that would be on her face, that will be the look on her face whenever I'm telling my jokes out there," he said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera