Blake Shelton's 'Footloose' Music Video Premieres (Video)
"The Voice" coach brings life to a sleepy drive-in theatre.
The much-anticipated video for Blake Shelton’s remake of the hit “Footloose” premiered Thursday night.
For the first time since Michael Jackson’s "Thriller" in 1983, Entertainment Tonight debuted the full-length video on Thursday’s show.
It has Shelton driving into a drive-in movie theatre and dared by its attendant to liven the scene up. So, what’s a good ol’ red-blooded American country singer to do? Shelton grabs his guitar and sings the song standing in his truck bed. Meanwhile scenes from the film play behind him and intercut during the song.
Footloose, about a town that has banned rock and dancing, debuts in theatres on Oct. 14. It stars Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Dennis Quaid, and Andie MacDowell.
The song is a hit among the video’s drive-in patrons, but original singer Kenny Loggins told the LA Times it’s good, but overproduced.
Watch the video below and tell us what you think of Shelton’s version in the comments section below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10