'Bring It On' Actress Natina Reed Dies at 32
The member of the late-'90s group Blaque was struck by a vehicle while crossing an Atlanta street Friday.
Musician and actress Natina Reed has died after being struck by a vehicle while crossing the street in Atlanta late Friday. She was 32.
According to Atlanta police, the driver of the vehicle called 911 at 10:30 p.m. Friday and “was determined to be not at fault and there are no charges pending."
Known for her work in the late-'90s girl group Blaque, which scored a pair of top 10 hits in 1999 with "808" and "Bring It All to Me," Reed also starred in the 2000 Kirsten Dunst cheerleader comedy Bring It On. Her death, reported by TMZ, was confirmed by tweets from those who knew her, including Reed’s Blaque bandmate Brandi Williams.
Last night the world was changed forever, life will never be the same....she was my sister.
— B. Williams (@TheBrandiD) October 27, 2012
The late musician for a time was a protege of TLC’s Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, who was killed in a 2002 car crash in Honduras.
Williams and fellow Blacque member Shamari Fears-DeVoe issued a joint statement Saturday on Reed’s death:
“We are devastated by the loss of our group member, sister and friend Natina Reed. Because of the enormous support of Blaque fans and our love for each another, Blaque officially reunited this fall and we were in the process of working on a new album and a reality show. Natina continuously embodied the pioneering spirit of Blaque and her undeniable creativity touched the hearts of fans everywhere. Natina was a mother, sister, accomplished songwriter, artist and friend. We ask for your prayers at this time for Natina's family. She will forever be missed and her global influence eternally felt. We thank God for the experiences we shared.”
Reed, who would have turned 33 on Sunday, is survived by her 10-year-old son, Trent Brown, with rapper Kurupt.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack