'Blue Caprice' Trailer: The Story of the Beltway Sniper Shootings (Video)
The drama, which details the 2002 attacks, is set to hit theaters on Sept. 13.
The chilling trailer for Blue Caprice, which dramatizes the Beltway sniper shootings of 2002, has debuted.
The clip, which appears to use archival newsreel footage, sees Isaiah Washington portraying John Allen Muhammed, the mastermind behind the shootings that left 10 people dead. Tequan Richmond plays Lee Boyd Malvo, the teenager who falls under Muhammed's influence and becomes an accomplice in the killings.
The drama, directed by Alexandre Moors, made its festival debut at Sundance earlier this year. The title of the film seems to reference the vehicle the duo drove.
In a review, The Hollywood Reporter's David Rooney noted that the title had "refreshing faith in the audience’s ability to connect the dots" of the story. Rooney concluded: "The filmmakers have made a smart, sobering movie that speculates with compelling detachment on how the abhorrent urge to take innocent lives might evolve."
The film was picked up by AMC Network's Sundance Selects in January. It is set to hit theaters on Sept. 13 and appear on iTunes four days later.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)