'Blue' two, Mount find 'Cure' at Fox
Empty"NYPD Blue" alums Esai Morales and Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon as well as Anson Mount have been tapped to co-star in Fox's drama pilot "The Cure," while "The O.C." star Melinda Clarke is set to do CBS' drama pilot "The Man."
Additionally, Viola Davis has joined NBC's dramedy pilot "Ft. Pit," Reed Diamond has come aboard NBC's drama pilot "Journeyman," Ashley Williams has been tapped as the female lead in the untitled Sachs/Judah comedy, and Shawn Hatosy has been added to ABC's drama pilot "The Apostles."
• "Cure," from Warner Bros. TV, revolves around a group that cuts through the red tape of medical bureaucracy to get care to those who need it most. Morales, Beauvais-Nilon and Mount will play members of the group.
Morales and Beauvais-Nilon most recently starred on Fox's "Vanished" and ABC's "Eyes," respectively.
Beauvais-Nilon is repped by the Gersh Agency and manager John Carrabino.
Mount's series credits include "The Mountain" and "Conviction."
• "Man," from CBS Par TV, centers on an undercover cop (LL Cool J) who juggles his job and taking care of a boy orphaned after one of his drug busts. Clarke will play a tough, sexy policewoman who has worked with him over the years. She joins "The Nine" co-star Jessica Collins (ICM), who also was recently cast in the project.
For four seasons, Clarke (ICM, manager David Brownstein, attorney Neil Meyer) played Julie Cooper on the Fox teen soap "The O.C." She also did a memorable multiepisode arc as Lady Heather on CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."
• "Ft. Pit," from Sony Pictures TV and Apostle, is set at one of the worst police precincts in Brooklyn. Davis will play the captain of the precinct, a married mother of one who is looking to clean up Ft. Pit.
For Davis (APA, Principal Entertainment), the project is in second position to ABC's drama "Traveler," which has yet to premiere.
• "Journeyman," from 20th Century Fox TV, centers on a man (Kevin McKidd) who travels back in time. Diamond will play the man's brother, a detective. Diamond (Paradigm, David Weise & Associates) did a multiepisode arc on "Vanished."
• The untitled Sachs/Judah project, from ABC TV Studio, follows the dating and competitive work life of co-workers and friends at a top law firm.
Williams will play the co-leader of the litigating team who is Ivy League smart, tomboy cool and sexy. Recently seen in the Lifetime movie "Montana Sky," Williams will guest star in tonight's episode of NBC's "Law & Order: SVU."
• "Apostles," from 20th TV, chronicles the off-duty lives of cops in Simi Valley, Calif. Hatosy, who had a role in the feature "Factory Girl," will play one of them, a family guy whose wife also is on the LAPD.