EXCLUSIVE: Bo Derek on Blake Edwards: 'We’ve Lost a Genius in the Entertainment World.'
The "10" star pays tribute to the writer-director who 'brought the best out of me.'
10 star Bo Derek called Thursday’s passing of writer-director Blake Edwards the loss of a “genius in the entertainment world.”
But more than that, Derek says she’ll remember the actor-director’s loyalty to his friends and colleagues.
“I remember the very first time I walked on the set for 10, he had the same people working at that time as from the beginning of his career,” Derek tells The Hollywood Reporter. “He was a very loyal man. Thirty years later I remember that as very rare in this business.”
The director also “spoiled her” with her break in the entertainment industry with the “life-changing” role in 10.
“I have never felt so confident,” she says. “He brought out the best in me. And I’m not alone in that book.”
“It’s the saddest news.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR