EXCLUSIVE: Bo Derek on Blake Edwards: 'We’ve Lost a Genius in the Entertainment World.'
The "10" star pays tribute to the writer-director who 'brought the best out of me.'
10 star Bo Derek called Thursday’s passing of writer-director Blake Edwards the loss of a “genius in the entertainment world.”
But more than that, Derek says she’ll remember the actor-director’s loyalty to his friends and colleagues.
“I remember the very first time I walked on the set for 10, he had the same people working at that time as from the beginning of his career,” Derek tells The Hollywood Reporter. “He was a very loyal man. Thirty years later I remember that as very rare in this business.”
The director also “spoiled her” with her break in the entertainment industry with the “life-changing” role in 10.
“I have never felt so confident,” she says. “He brought out the best in me. And I’m not alone in that book.”
“It’s the saddest news.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!