Bobby Cannavale Joins 'Boardwalk Empire'
The HBO period drama is ramping up its cast in anticipation of season 3.
Boardwalk Empire is ramping up its cast.
Bobby Cannavale has joined the HBO period drama as a series regular in the role of Gyp Rosetti, described as "a charming but ruthless gangster who challenges Nucky (Steve Buscemi)."
The casting comes mere months after a sophomore season that saw the series kill off co-star Michael Pitt's Jimmy Darmody -- a former confidant turned rival for Nucky. Cannavale's hiring provides a high-profile counterpart to Buscemi.
Boardwalk Empire, created by Terence Winter and executive produced by Winter, Martin Scorsese, Tim Van Patten, Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson, recently won its second Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding ensemble in a drama series in addition to Buscemi's individual acting honor.
HBO renewed the series for a third season in October, just a few weeks after the second season premiered.
Cannavale recently completed production on his upcoming a 10-episode arc on Showtime's Nurse Jackie and recently wrapped shooting on Lovelace with Amanda Seyfried.
He also co-starred with Chris Rock on Broadway's The Motherf---er With the Hat, snagging a Tony Award nomination in the process.
Cannavale is repped by ICM, Framework Entertainment and Schreck, Rose, Dapello & Adams.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game