'Bob the Builder,' 'Barney' and 'Thomas and Friends' Lost and Found on Netflix Canada
A license renewal hitch between the U.S. video streaming giant and Hit Entertainment caused the popular kids shows to be dropped for a few days, before returning to the digital platform.
TORONTO – This is awkward: Netflix has apologized to Canadian parents after Thomas and Friends, Barney, Pingu and Angelina Ballerina went missing late last week from the Netflix Canada schedule.
“… I do know what it's like when your kids can't find their favorite show, so I'm happy to say if Bob, or Barney, or Thomas , or Angelina are your kid's favorite…they are back!” Jason Ropell, vp of content at Netflix, wrote Saturday on the U.S. video streaming giant’s online blog.
As Netflix last week held negotiations with Hit Entertainment to renew the Canadian licenses to stream Thomas and Friends, Barney, Bob the Builder and Angelina Ballerina, the kids shows disappeared from the Netflix Canada schedule.
“All's well now because we've renewed those shows so you can watch them again right now,” Ropell reported.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game