Bob Iger to Receive PGA's Milestone Award
The Disney chairman and CEO will be honored at the 25th annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony at the Beverly Hilton on Jan. 19.
Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger will be honored with the 2014 Milestone Award at the 25th annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony, the PGA said Wednesday.
The event will take place at the Beverly Hilton on Jan. 19.
The Milestone Award is the PGA's highest honor and recognizes "an individual or team who has made historic contributions to the entertainment industry." Previous recipients include Clint Eastwood, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, Ron Meyer, Walt Disney and Bob and Harvey Weinstein.
“I’ve had the great privilege of working with some of the world’s best storytellers,” said Iger in a statement. “I am constantly inspired by the creativity and innovation at Disney, as thousands of people around the world work together to tell great stories in spectacular new ways. For 90 years, Disney has redefined what’s possible and raised the standard of excellence in entertainment. We continue to strive to live up to that legacy, and it’s very rewarding to see our efforts recognized in such a meaningful way by the Producers Guild of America.”
Iger was named president of Disney in 2000 and CEO in 2005. He's been at the helm during the successful acquisition of Pixar in 2006, Marvel in 2009 and, most recently, Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise in 2012.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"