Bob Shaye, Michael Lynne build Unique
Duo's new production company brings in staffers
Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne's new production company now has a unique name and has staffed up.
Shaye and Lynne unveiled Unique Pictures as the new name of their shingle, which recently signed a three-year, first-look deal with Warners as part of the duo's compensation for losing the reins of New Line, the company they founded.
No projects were announced, though the company's aim is to make two or three movies a year across a wide range of genres and budgets, with Warners handling marketing and distribution.
"This is the beginning of an exciting new chapter for us," Lynne said. "We've learned a few things over the years, and we're looking forward to applying our experience to creating a new and different independent film company."
Longtime New Line exec Mark Kaufman, who oversaw such films as "Hairpsray" and the upcoming "4 Christmases," will help run the company. Also joining the company are with Jonna Smith, Alexandra Loewy, Leah Holzer and Christina Delgado.
Unique will occupy offices in Los Angeles and New York.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR