Bobby Brown Arrested and Charged With Driving Under the Influence
The ex-husband of Whitney Houston was pulled over Monday afternoon for talking on his cell phone, but failed to pass a sobriety test.
Just days after the autopsy results of Whitney Houston were released to the public, the late singer’s ex-husband Bobby Brown was arrested on charges of driving under the influence.
The arrest came on Monday, March 26 at 12:20 p.m., when Brown was spotted talking on his cell phone while driving down Victory Blvd in the San Fernando Valley. According to the arrest report obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Brown “displayed objective symptoms of intoxication and was asked to submit to a series of Field Sobriety test[s] that he was unable to perform as explained/demonstrated.”
The R&B singer was booked at the LAPD Van Nuys jail at 1:22 p.m., but was released after just two hours in custody, reports People.com.
The 43-year-old was married to Houston for 14 years prior to divorcing in 2007. The former couple shares one daughter, 17-year-old Bobbi Kristina, to whom Houston left her entire estate. A rep for Brown did not immediately return THR's request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10