Bobby Brown Sentenced to 55 Days in Jail for DUI
The singer pleaded no contest to charges stemming from an October arrest.
Bobby Brown was sentenced to 55 days in jail on Tuesday for his DUI arrest in October.
The singer, 44, pleaded no contest to charges of driving under the influence and while on a suspended license. Brown was also given four years' informal probation and ordered to complete a 1 1/2-year alcohol treatment program, The Associated Press reports. He is scheduled to being his stint in a Los Angeles jail on March 20.
According to E! News, Brown is to attend three Alcoholics Anonymous classes each week as a condition of his no contest plea. He must pay $800 in fines with penalty assessments attached and also install an ignition interlock device on his vehicle's dashboard; the device acts like a breathalyzer and stalls the car engine if the driver's blood alcohol level is too high.
The father of Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown was also arrested for DUI in March 2012, after which he spent time in rehab for alcohol addiction.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues