'Bob's Burgers' Gets Additional 9-Episode Order From Fox
Fox shows confidence in its animated series ahead of its second season premiere, bringing the total count to 22 episodes.
Fox has ordered another helping of Bob's Burgers.
Ahead of the animated series' second season debut, the network has requested nine more episodes of the series, bringing the season total to 22. When all will air depends on the performance of Fox's newer efforts, Allen Gregory and Napoleon Dynamite.
The 20th Century Fox-produced series centers on a third-generation restaurateur who runs his own burger joint with the help of his wife and their three kids. Bob may have big ideas about burgers, condiments and sides, but he has only a few thoughts on management and customer service.
The news, which was first reported by New York Magazine's Vulture site, comes a month or so after entertainment chief Kevin Reilly expressed heavy optimism about the series. "We see that show really beginning to find its legs," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "It wasn't like Family Guy was an overnight sensation. They take time to catch on, and that what we're doing with Bobs Burgers right now."
He added, "The show has a voice, which the real animation fans recognized early on. It was modest last year, but we see this show really going to the next level creatively and I think you'll find it all of a sudden staring to build and catch on."
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR