'Bodyguards and Assassins' team regroups for 'Flying Guillotines' (Berlin)
The $15 million feature follows an elite crime-fighting unit in the court of the Chinese emperor, which uses flying blades to decapitate their enemies
BERLIN -- The team behind Chinese blockbuster Bodyguards and Assassins – director Teddy Chen and producer Peter Ho-sun Chan– are together again on a new actioner, The Flying Guillotines.
The $15 million feature follows an elite crime-fighting unit in the court of the Chinese emperor, which uses flying blades to decapitate their enemies.
Ethan Juan, the star of Taiwanese hit Monga will star, alongside Huang Xiaoming (The Message).
Behind the camera talent also includes Bodyguards production designer Kenneth Ma kand costume designer Dora Ng with action choreographer Yuen Bing handling the wire work.
Flying Guillotines is set to begin shooting in April for a winter 2011 release date. We Distribution is pre-selling Flying Guillotines in Berlin.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR