Bollywood Channel UTV Movies To Launch On UK's Sky Platform
Channel will draw on its 400-title strong library which includes recent blockbusters.
NEW DELHI -- Bollywood channel UTV Movies will launch on the U.K.'s Sky platform on Dec. 12 offering Hindi movies with English subtitles.
UTV Movies – owned by leading media group UTV, of which the Walt Disney Co. recently acquired a majority stake – has a library of over 400 titles including recent blockbusters such as Guzaarish, No One Killed Jessica, Tees Maar Khan, Tere Bin Laden and Kartik Calling Kartik.
Advertising representation for the channel in the U.K. will be handled by Sky Media. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for us to add UTV Movies India to our portfolio of channels; it adds a new dimension to our offering for advertisers and great content for a growing and important audience,” said Sky Media operations director Richard Hawking.
“With the launch of UTV Movies India in the U.K. we further expand our international footprint. The U.K. is a vital market for us as it has a large South Asian diaspora who are avid Bollywood movie lovers,” added UTV Broadcasting CEO M K Anand.
UTV Movies is already available in Canada, the U.S. and other territories in Asia and the Middle East.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'