Bollywood Channel UTV Movies To Launch On UK's Sky Platform
Channel will draw on its 400-title strong library which includes recent blockbusters.
NEW DELHI -- Bollywood channel UTV Movies will launch on the U.K.'s Sky platform on Dec. 12 offering Hindi movies with English subtitles.
UTV Movies – owned by leading media group UTV, of which the Walt Disney Co. recently acquired a majority stake – has a library of over 400 titles including recent blockbusters such as Guzaarish, No One Killed Jessica, Tees Maar Khan, Tere Bin Laden and Kartik Calling Kartik.
Advertising representation for the channel in the U.K. will be handled by Sky Media. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for us to add UTV Movies India to our portfolio of channels; it adds a new dimension to our offering for advertisers and great content for a growing and important audience,” said Sky Media operations director Richard Hawking.
“With the launch of UTV Movies India in the U.K. we further expand our international footprint. The U.K. is a vital market for us as it has a large South Asian diaspora who are avid Bollywood movie lovers,” added UTV Broadcasting CEO M K Anand.
UTV Movies is already available in Canada, the U.S. and other territories in Asia and the Middle East.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott