Bollywood Power Couple Gets Married
Indian film stars Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor, who have been nicknamed “Saifeena,” had their wedding in Mumbai.
MUMBAI – Bollywood superstars Saif Ali Khan and actress Kareena Kapoor got married in Mumbai Tuesday.
The Bollywood power couple has been nicknamed India's “Brangelina” or “Saifeena.” They have been together for five years.
Khan, 42, hails from the Pataudi royal family. He is the son of late cricket legend Mansoor Ali Khan and actress Sharmila Tagore. Kapoor, 32, is part of Bollywood's iconic Kapoor family, whose members include Indian cinema legends such as her great grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor and grandfather Raj Kapoor.
Khan, who divorced his first wife Amrita Singh in 2004 after 13 years, and Kapoor have been seen as an on-screen couple in recent action movie Agent Vinod and 2009's Kurbaan.
Given the intense media interest that has surrounded the couple, their wedding made headline news weeks before the official invites were sent out.
The wedding festivities kicked off Sunday night with a dance party at Kapoor's residence attended by family and friends, including top actor Ranbir Kapoor (Kareena's cousin), Khan's sister Soha Ali Khan and director Karan Johar. Khan's two children from his first marriage, son Ibrahim and daughter Sara, were also present.
Kapoor wore a traditional outfit by leading designer Manish Malhotra. Following an official marriage registration ceremony Tuesday, a star-studded wedding party was held at Mumbai's landmark Taj Mahal hotel. The festivities will conclude with an official reception in Delhi on Oct. 18, which is expected to be attended by high-ranking politicians and other top Indian personalities.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama