'Bombay Summer' wins NYC Indian fest awards
The Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council, New York City's Indian film festival, which wrapped Sunday night, presented its best film award to Joseph Mathew-Varghese's "Bombay Summer."
Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury's "The Endless Wait" (Antaheen) served as the closing night film.
The 2009 MIAAC Award Winners are:
Short Film Award: "Good Night," directed by Geetika Narang
Documentary Film Award: "The Salt Stories," directed by Lalit Vachani
Actor Award: Aasif Mandvi for "Today's Special"
Actress Award: Tannishtha Chatterjee for "Bombay Summer"
Screenplay Award: "Two Paise for Sunshine, Four Annas for Rain," by Deepti Naval
Director Award: Joseph Mathew-Varghese for "Bombay Summer."
Best Film Award: "Bombay Summer"
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!