Bong Joon-ho to Preside Over the Camera d’Or Jury in Cannes
The Korean director of 'The Host' will head back to the Riviera for the 2011 Festival de Cannes.
PARIS -- Korean director Bong Joon-ho will be "The Host" of the Camera d’Or jury for best first film at this year’s Festival de Cannes, organizers said Thursday.
The filmmaker is no stranger to the Croisette after presenting The Host at the Director’s Fortnight in 2006, trilogy Tokyo! with Leos Carax and Michel Gondry in 2008 then Mother in the Un Certain Regard category in 2009.
The Camera d’Or prize for best first film in the Official Selection will be awarded at the fest’s closing ceremony on May 22.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR