Bonnie McKee, 'Teenage Dream' Co-Writer, Signs With Epic Records
Credited on songs by Katy Perry, Britney Spears and Taio Cruz, the hitmaker joins L.A. Reid's roster as an artist. It's her second major label deal.
Songwriter Bonnie McKee, whose hits include Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream," "Last Friday Night" and "California Gurls," Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" and Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me," has signed with Epic Records as an artist.
McKee's management company Pulse made the announcement on Friday, crediting label chairman L.A. Reid, president of A&R Tricky Stewart, evp of marketing Angelica Cob-Baehler, Prescription Songs, and Dr. Luke, whose Kemosabe Records is, like Epic, a part of the Sony Music family, "for their part in bringing this relationship together."
Epic marks McKee's second major label deal. The 28-year-old was previously signed to Warner Music Group's Reprise Records and released an album in 2004, the Rob Cavallo-produced Trouble. She has also appeared as an actress on CSI: NY and the 2007 movie August Rush.
An uber-opinionated American Idol fan, McKee was also recently featured on THR's own Idol Hangover show. Watch the episode below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical