Bonnie McKee, 'Teenage Dream' Co-Writer, Signs With Epic Records
Credited on songs by Katy Perry, Britney Spears and Taio Cruz, the hitmaker joins L.A. Reid's roster as an artist. It's her second major label deal.
Songwriter Bonnie McKee, whose hits include Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream," "Last Friday Night" and "California Gurls," Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" and Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me," has signed with Epic Records as an artist.
McKee's management company Pulse made the announcement on Friday, crediting label chairman L.A. Reid, president of A&R Tricky Stewart, evp of marketing Angelica Cob-Baehler, Prescription Songs, and Dr. Luke, whose Kemosabe Records is, like Epic, a part of the Sony Music family, "for their part in bringing this relationship together."
Epic marks McKee's second major label deal. The 28-year-old was previously signed to Warner Music Group's Reprise Records and released an album in 2004, the Rob Cavallo-produced Trouble. She has also appeared as an actress on CSI: NY and the 2007 movie August Rush.
An uber-opinionated American Idol fan, McKee was also recently featured on THR's own Idol Hangover show. Watch the episode below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game