'Book of Mormon' Poised to Buck Broadway Blues
As "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" gets delayed again for retooling, the "Mormon" musical from "South Park" co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone stands to make $1 million a week and has a good chance at Tony Awards glory.
NEW YORK -- With Broadway colonized by a floundering comic-strip superhero and its stages more than ever dominated by retooled screen properties, these are tough times for bona fide original musicals. But if one new show not based on an existing brand stands to break through this season, it's The Book of Mormon.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR