Boom! Uni has fast draw with '2 Guns'
Universal has loaded up "2 Guns," picking up the rights to the graphic novel from Boom! Studios. Marc Platt will produce the crime thriller via his Marc Platt Prods. banner along with Boom! co-founders Andrew Cosby and Ross Richie. It's the third time the parties are teaming up.
"Guns," written by Steven Grant with art by Mat Santolouco, follows a DEA agent and an undercover Naval Intelligence officer who are unwittingly investigating each other and who steal mob money for the good guys. They realize later that the mob actually got them to steal $50 million from the CIA.
The project is targeted to be a throwback to classic '80s buddy cop movies in the vein of "Lethal Weapon" and "48 HRS.," but with a modern spin.
Uni's Jeffrey Kirschenbaum will oversee for the studio; Adam Siegel, who brought the project into Marc Platt Prods., will oversee for the company with Jared LeBoff.
Cosby and Richie are producing via their Boom Entertainment.
At Universal, Platt, the producer behind the studio's hit comic book movie "Wanted," also has set up with Richie and Cosby the Boom! projects "Tag" and "Talent." (partialdiff)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!