Boom! Uni has fast draw with '2 Guns'
Universal has loaded up "2 Guns," picking up the rights to the graphic novel from Boom! Studios. Marc Platt will produce the crime thriller via his Marc Platt Prods. banner along with Boom! co-founders Andrew Cosby and Ross Richie. It's the third time the parties are teaming up.
"Guns," written by Steven Grant with art by Mat Santolouco, follows a DEA agent and an undercover Naval Intelligence officer who are unwittingly investigating each other and who steal mob money for the good guys. They realize later that the mob actually got them to steal $50 million from the CIA.
The project is targeted to be a throwback to classic '80s buddy cop movies in the vein of "Lethal Weapon" and "48 HRS.," but with a modern spin.
Uni's Jeffrey Kirschenbaum will oversee for the studio; Adam Siegel, who brought the project into Marc Platt Prods., will oversee for the company with Jared LeBoff.
Cosby and Richie are producing via their Boom Entertainment.
At Universal, Platt, the producer behind the studio's hit comic book movie "Wanted," also has set up with Richie and Cosby the Boom! projects "Tag" and "Talent." (partialdiff)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR