Boris Podolsky Appointed CEO of CTC Media
He replaces Anton Kudryashov, who stepped down last December.
MOSCOW -- Boris Podolsky has been appointed CEO of CTC Media, Russia’s leading independent media company.
Podolsky, 38, joined CTC Media in 2007 as its Chief Financial Officer and was appointed Acting CEO in late December of 2011, when then-CEO Anton Kudryashov stepped down to take the position of general director at the mobile phone operator Vimpelcom.
Before joining CTC Media, Podolsky, a graduate of St Petersburg University of Economics and Finance, worked at the mobile phone operator Mobile TeleSystems and Ernst & Young.
“In a new role as CEO I have very ambitious goals ahead: strengthening market positions of the company in the increasingly competitive environment, improving profitability and exploring new opportunities for business growth,” Podolsky said in a statement.
He also said he was grateful to CTC Media.
“On a separate note I would like to express my gratitude to the whole CTC Media team and all members of the management board,” Podolsky said. “I am truly pleased that we share the vision for the company’s future development and have common ambition to move the company forward to the new level.”
CTC Media praised Podolsky's qualifications.
“We have reviewed high quality internal and external candidates, and Boris has clearly emerged as the preferred candidate with the skills and commitment to take on this leadership role on a permanent basis,” added Hans-Holger Albrecht, Co-Chairman of CTC Media.
CTC Media operates the Russian television channels CTC, Domashny and Perets, as well as TV assets in Kazakhstan and Moldova.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack