Boston Bombing: Cable Networks Break In With News of Three Suspects Detained
NBC News' Pete Williams reports that the trio are college students "who are suspected of removing items from the dorm room" of alleged bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev.
Three additional suspects have been taken into custody in the Boston marathon bombing case, the Boston police department stated Wednesday.
CNN broke into coverage with news of the detained suspects and led its homepage with a breaking news banner. Anchor Ashleigh Banfield reported on the news for the network. Fox News and MSNBC also broke into their programming to cover the news. MSNBC had NBC News correspondent Pete Williams reporting.
All three networks have cited Boston police saying there isn't a threat to public safety. Williams, citing sources, reports that the three arrested are college students who "who are suspected of removing items from the dorm room" of alleged bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev. The NBC News report says that the items taken from the room include a backpack and laptop.
The Boston police department issued the following statement: "Please be advised that there is not a threat to public safety. Three additional suspects have been taken into custody in connection to the attack on the Boston Marathon. Aside from the aforementioned, there is no additional info to release at this time. Additional details will be provided when they become available. No info available at this time relative to a press conference."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)