Boston Bombing: Cable Networks Break In With News of Three Suspects Detained
NBC News' Pete Williams reports that the trio are college students "who are suspected of removing items from the dorm room" of alleged bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev.
Three additional suspects have been taken into custody in the Boston marathon bombing case, the Boston police department stated Wednesday.
CNN broke into coverage with news of the detained suspects and led its homepage with a breaking news banner. Anchor Ashleigh Banfield reported on the news for the network. Fox News and MSNBC also broke into their programming to cover the news. MSNBC had NBC News correspondent Pete Williams reporting.
All three networks have cited Boston police saying there isn't a threat to public safety. Williams, citing sources, reports that the three arrested are college students who "who are suspected of removing items from the dorm room" of alleged bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev. The NBC News report says that the items taken from the room include a backpack and laptop.
The Boston police department issued the following statement: "Please be advised that there is not a threat to public safety. Three additional suspects have been taken into custody in connection to the attack on the Boston Marathon. Aside from the aforementioned, there is no additional info to release at this time. Additional details will be provided when they become available. No info available at this time relative to a press conference."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least