Box Office Report: 'Avengers' Crosses $700 Million in Less Than Two Weeks
The superhero tentpole has earned $475.8 million overseas and $226.4 million in North America.
Disney and Marvel Studios' The Avengers continued to make headlines on Monday as it upped its worldwide cume to $702.2 million.
Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon, crossed $700 million in only 13 days, one of the best showings of all time.
The tentpole has earned $226.4 million domestically, including a stellar Monday gross of $18.9 million, and $475.8 million internationally, where it rolled out a week before its May 4 domestic launch.
Thanks to a public holiday in Russia and the U.K. on Monday, Avengers took in $28.4 million at the foreign box office for the day.
Avengers has already surpassed the lifetime grosses of both Iron Man pics, Thor and Captian America: The First Avenger.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack