Box Office Report: 'Avengers' Crosses $700 Million in Less Than Two Weeks
The superhero tentpole has earned $475.8 million overseas and $226.4 million in North America.
Disney and Marvel Studios' The Avengers continued to make headlines on Monday as it upped its worldwide cume to $702.2 million.
Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon, crossed $700 million in only 13 days, one of the best showings of all time.
The tentpole has earned $226.4 million domestically, including a stellar Monday gross of $18.9 million, and $475.8 million internationally, where it rolled out a week before its May 4 domestic launch.
Thanks to a public holiday in Russia and the U.K. on Monday, Avengers took in $28.4 million at the foreign box office for the day.
Avengers has already surpassed the lifetime grosses of both Iron Man pics, Thor and Captian America: The First Avenger.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"