Box Office Report: 'Avengers' Crosses $700 Million in Less Than Two Weeks
The superhero tentpole has earned $475.8 million overseas and $226.4 million in North America.
Disney and Marvel Studios' The Avengers continued to make headlines on Monday as it upped its worldwide cume to $702.2 million.
Avengers, directed by Joss Whedon, crossed $700 million in only 13 days, one of the best showings of all time.
The tentpole has earned $226.4 million domestically, including a stellar Monday gross of $18.9 million, and $475.8 million internationally, where it rolled out a week before its May 4 domestic launch.
Thanks to a public holiday in Russia and the U.K. on Monday, Avengers took in $28.4 million at the foreign box office for the day.
Avengers has already surpassed the lifetime grosses of both Iron Man pics, Thor and Captian America: The First Avenger.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David