Box Office: 'Gravity' Blasts Off to Record-Breaking Numbers in China
Alfonso Cuaron's sci-fi tentpole has earned north of $527 million worldwide.
Warner Bros. continues to make history with Gravity.
The sci-fi epic opened to $4.7 million in China on Tuesday, marking the biggest non-holiday opening day of all time for a Warners title. On Wednesday, the 3D pic earned another $4.2 million for a two-day China total of $9 million and a dominating 68 percent share of the market.
Directed by Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.
The movie's running domestic total is $241.1 million. The foreign total stands at $286.4 million for a global haul of $527.8 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR