Box Office Report: 'Ice Age 4' Off to Sizzling Start Overseas
The 3D animated tentpole is rolling out internationally two weeks ahead of its North American debut.
Scrat is back in full form.
Twentieth Century Fox's Ice Age: Continental Drift is off to a great start at the international box office, where it has earned $11 million in only two days from 12 markets, including strong performances across Latin America and in France.
The fourth installment in the family franchise secured the the second-highest opening day for an animated film in France ($4.5 million), Colombia, Argentina and Chile and the second-highest opening day for a Fox animated title in Mexico ($1.6 million) and Central America.
Continental Drift -- which doesn't open in North America until Jul 13 -- is rolling out in a total of 37 markets this weekend, inlcuding the 11 territories where the film began unspooling mid-week or on Thursday.
Fox insiders said the $11 million is particularly noteworthy considering school holidays haven't begun in many of those markets.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)