Box Office Milestone: 'Gravity' Crossing $300 Million Worldwide
The Warner Bros. space epic starring Sandra Bullock has been the No. 1 film globally for three weeks in a row.
There's no stopping Gravity.
The space survival film starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney will cross the $300 million mark at the worldwide box office Wednesday, according to Warner Bros.
The Alfonso Cuaron–directed film has been No. 1 at the global box office for the past three weeks, doing especially big business in 3D and Imax. This milestone puts the film in the top 10 highest grossing films of the year worldwide.
The top foreign markets include Russia ($14.3 million), Australia ($11.9 million) and Germany ($11.3 million). And the film has yet to open in several major foreign markets; it will hit theaters in the U.K. on Nov. 8, China on Nov. 20 and Japan on Dec. 13.
In North America, Gravity has also rocketed to the top of the box office for three weeks in a row, earning a whopping $175 million to date. It fell just 28 percent in its third weekend to $31 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting