Box-Office Milestone: 'Last Vegas' Becomes CBS Films' Top-Grossing Release
UPDATED: The sexagenarian comedy stars Robert De Niro, Michael Douglas, Kevin Kline and Morgan Freeman.
Who says the number 13 is cursed?
On Tuesday, Jon Turteltaub's Last Vegas became the top-grossing release from CBS Films with $55 million in North American ticket sales, eclipsing the $54.3 million grossed domestically in 2012 by horror hit The Woman in Black.
A sexagenarian riff on The Hangover franchise, Last Vegas stars Robert De Niro, Michael Douglas, Kevin Kline and Morgan Freeman as four friends who travel to Las Vegas for a bachelor party. Mary Steenburgen also stars in the $28 million comedy, which opened in theaters Nov. 1.
Last Vegas is the 13th release from CBS Films, whose formation was first announced by CBS Corp. chief Les Moonves in 2007 (the first film from the division wasn't released until 2010). CBS Films, now headed by Terry Press and Wolfgang Hammer, is next in theaters Dec. 6 with Inside Llewyn Davis, from Joel and Ethan Coen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws