Box Office Milestone: 'Skyfall' Reaches Franchise-Best $669.2 Million
The Daniel Craig starrer has earned a massive $507.9 million internationally and $161.3 million in North America.
Sam Mendes' Skyfall has become the top-grossing film in the James Bond franchise (not accounting for inflation).
Returning Daniel Craig in the role of 007 for a third time, Skyfall's global cume through Sunday is $669.2 million, pushing it well ahead of the $599.2 million earned by Casino Royale in 2006.
The success of Skyfall has been a boon for Sony, which is enjoying a record year. Sony is releasing and marketing the movie on behalf of MGM and EON Productions.
On Sunday, Sony chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution Jeff Blake announced that the studio has crossed $4 billion in global tickets sales for the first time. The studio's previous best was $3.6 billion in 2009.
Sony's 2012 slate also includes The Amazing Spider-Man ($754 million worldwide), Men in Black 3 ($624 million) and Sony Pictures Animation’s Hotel Transylvania ($283 million ).
“Exceeding $4 billion globally is a true rarity in this industry, and it’s an extraordinary accomplishment for all of us at Sony Pictures," Blake said.
Skyfall has done massive business internationally, grossing $507.9 million through Sunday. Its domestic total is $161.3 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game