Box Office Report: 'Odd Life of Timothy Green' Opens Wednesday to $2.3 Mil
The fantasy-drama, directed by Peter Hedges, stars Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton.
Disney's The Odd Life of Timothy Green opened to $2.3 million at the Wednesday box office as it looks to build midweek heat before the weekend.
Peter Hedges directs Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton in the fantasy-drama, about a childless couple who dream up a 10-year-old boy, played by CJ Adams.
Timothy Green nabbed an A- CinemaScore, although reviews have been mixed. The film's target audience is females and families.
Last Wednesday, Sony's adult-skewing dramedy Hope Springs likewise opened to $2.3 million on its way to scoring a five-day debut of $19.1 million, a better-than-expected number.
Box office observers believe Timothy Green will post a five-day debut in the $15 million range or better. The film placed No. 3 on Wednesday behind The Bourne Legacy and The Campaign.
There's no shortage of competition this weeked as a pack of new films open -- The Expendables 2, animated family entry ParaNorman and Sparkle.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR