Box Office Report: 'Avengers' Crossing $600 Mil Domestically
The Disney and Marvel superhero tentpole will reach the milestone on Tuesday; its worldwide gross is now $1.44 billion.
Joining an elite pantheon, Joss Whedon's The Avengers will cross the $600 million mark at the domestic box office on Tuesday, becoming only the third film in history to do so.
A pair of James Cameron pics hold the Nos. 1 and 2 spots, with Avatar grossing $760.5 domestically and Ttiantic $658.8 million.
From Disney and Marvel Studios, Avengers ranks No. 3 on the list of global grossers with a take of $1.44 billion. In North America, it's been No. 3 for weeks after eclipsing the $533 million earned by The Dark Knight. Internationally, it ranks No. 4 ($838.9 million).
The 3D tentople has been a runaway hit since opening in early May. In North America, it debuted to a massive $207.4 million -- the largest opening of all time. It has broken a number of other records, including becoming the fastest film to hit $200 million, $300 million, $400 million and $500 million.
Only a dozen films have reached $1 billion in global grosses. That list includes five Disney titles -- Avengers, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game