Box Office Report: 'Bad Teacher' Hits $200 Mil Worldwide
The Cameron Diaz pic is the third R-rated comedy this summer to jump the mark, a record for the genre.
Sony’s Cameron Diaz starrer Bad Teacher has become the third R-rated comedy this summer to cross the $200 million mark worldwide, underscoring how well the genre is now working internationally.
The raunchy pic hit the milestone over the weekend, earning $2.2 million at the foreign box office for a new international cume of $102.6 million.
Bad Teacher -- also starring Jason Segel and Justin Timberlake -- has grossed $98.1 million domestically for a world total of $200.7 million (the comedy is done with its theatrical run in North America.)
The movie’s better-than-expected performance means strong profit margins for Sony, which made the Jake Kasden-directed pic for under $20 million. The studio purchased Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky’s spec script in 2008; Jimmy Miller and David Householter produced.
Warner Bros.’ The Hangover Part II, opening in theaters on May 26, has earned a massive $581.2 million worldwide,followed by Universal’s Bridesmaids, which has grossed $272.9 million globally since its release on May 13.
The summer’s other notable R-rated comedy include New Line and Warners’ Horrible Bosses, which has cumed $170.4 million worldwide to date.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR