Box Office Report: 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Scores Early $13.8 Million Overseas
The final film in the blockbuster "Twilight" franchise is opening around the world this weekend.
Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 is already setting records overseas, where it has grossed an initial $13.8 million from seven territories.
The final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise opened Wednesday in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and French and Italian speaking Switzerland.
Breaking Dawn 2 set single day opening records for 2012 in Italy and France, and is outpacing all previous films in the Twilight franchise in all seven markets.
Returning Kristin Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the title roles, Breaking Dawn 2 is opening in a total of 61 foreign markets, and lands in North America at 10 p.m. Thursday.
Box office observers believe Breaking Dawn 2 could hit $150 million in North America, a franchise best. The Twilight Saga: New Moon now holds the record with $142.8 million.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills