Box Office Report: 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Scores Early $13.8 Million Overseas
The final film in the blockbuster "Twilight" franchise is opening around the world this weekend.
Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 is already setting records overseas, where it has grossed an initial $13.8 million from seven territories.
The final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise opened Wednesday in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and French and Italian speaking Switzerland.
Breaking Dawn 2 set single day opening records for 2012 in Italy and France, and is outpacing all previous films in the Twilight franchise in all seven markets.
Returning Kristin Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the title roles, Breaking Dawn 2 is opening in a total of 61 foreign markets, and lands in North America at 10 p.m. Thursday.
Box office observers believe Breaking Dawn 2 could hit $150 million in North America, a franchise best. The Twilight Saga: New Moon now holds the record with $142.8 million.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott