Box Office Report: 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Scores Early $13.8 Million Overseas
The final film in the blockbuster "Twilight" franchise is opening around the world this weekend.
Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 is already setting records overseas, where it has grossed an initial $13.8 million from seven territories.
The final film in the blockbuster vampire franchise opened Wednesday in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and French and Italian speaking Switzerland.
Breaking Dawn 2 set single day opening records for 2012 in Italy and France, and is outpacing all previous films in the Twilight franchise in all seven markets.
Returning Kristin Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the title roles, Breaking Dawn 2 is opening in a total of 61 foreign markets, and lands in North America at 10 p.m. Thursday.
Box office observers believe Breaking Dawn 2 could hit $150 million in North America, a franchise best. The Twilight Saga: New Moon now holds the record with $142.8 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'