Box Office Report: 'Fast & Furious 6' Scores Universal's Highest Opening in China
The action pic will cross the $500 million mark at the international box office on Sunday.
Universal's Fast & Furious 6 has completed its world domination, opening in China to $6.9 million on Friday for a projected $24 million weekend -- the second-best of the year after Disney and Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3.
It's the best showing ever for Universal at the Chinese box office.
China is the final territory for Fast 6, which will cross the $500 million mark at the international box office on Sunday, pushing the film's worldwide total to an estimated $740.8 million. That includes a domestic total of $237.6 million.
Fast 6, directed by Justin Lin, opens in China only days after Universal's Despicable Me 2 was denied entry into that country.
The Fast & Furious series has earned north of $2.3 billion globally, making it the biggest franchise in Universal's 101-year history.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera