Box Office Report: 'Fast & Furious 6' Scores Universal's Highest Opening in China
The action pic will cross the $500 million mark at the international box office on Sunday.
Universal's Fast & Furious 6 has completed its world domination, opening in China to $6.9 million on Friday for a projected $24 million weekend -- the second-best of the year after Disney and Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3.
It's the best showing ever for Universal at the Chinese box office.
China is the final territory for Fast 6, which will cross the $500 million mark at the international box office on Sunday, pushing the film's worldwide total to an estimated $740.8 million. That includes a domestic total of $237.6 million.
Fast 6, directed by Justin Lin, opens in China only days after Universal's Despicable Me 2 was denied entry into that country.
The Fast & Furious series has earned north of $2.3 billion globally, making it the biggest franchise in Universal's 101-year history.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues