Box Office Report: 'Hop' Scores Winning $38.1 Million Opening
FilmDistrict gets off to a strong start with "Insidious," while the PG-13 version of "King's Speech" sparks some family business in America’s heartland.
Universal's Easter-themed pic Hop far exceeded expectations in debuting to an estimated $38.1 million at the domestic box office, one of the best showings of 2011. But overseas, the CGI/live-action hybrid grossed a soft $7 million from 26 countries.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR